HD Radio™ SiteStreamer+™
The SOFIA 568 provides analog, AES3-digital and AoIP-streaming audio outputs. It collects histograms of signal parameters and displays HD Radio™ album artwork, station logos and similar visuals via the Web interface.
Multiple stations can be sequentially monitored using the programmable StationRotation™ feature. The SOFIA 568 includes a built-in BandScanner™, a real-time clock and full SNMP functionality.
The elite SiteStreamer+™ (‘Plus’) series offers advanced features for the most critical monitoring situations.
SiteStreamers™ also deliver important RF and audio signal measurements and dispatch email or text-message alarms for out-of-limits conditions and other reception errors.
Install the SiteStreamer within the reception contour of your station and monitor off-air analog FM or HD Radio signals (HD1-HD8) via the Web from anywhere in the world.
The built-in BandScanner displays a spectrum plot of the entire FM band (or a user-selected portion) and identifies HD Radio transmissions.
Gives local and remote readout of all pertinent FM/RDS and HD/PAD data.
Easy front-panel setup uses jog-wheel menu navigation and the front-panel readout. The corresponding Web interface offers a detailed presentation and additional options.
Stays on-channel and on-mode through signal and power loss; does not auto-blend between FM and HD like a consumer radio.
Front-panel alarms and/or rear-panel ‘tallies’ indicate Audio Loss, Low Signal, RDS Errors and HD Reception Loss.
‘Split Mode’ audio monitoring aids transmission diversity delay setup.
When issued, free firmware updates are easily installed in the field or remotely through the Web interface.
The half-rack package features an OLED hi-res graphic display, wide-range LED level meters and individual alarm LEDs with rear-panel tallies.
Real-Time Clock has battery backup.
SNMP utility is fully supported.
GPOs may be user-assigned to specific alarm functions.
Fulltime off-air program audio is available simultaneously as L/R-analog, AES3-digital and Dante®-based AES67 AoIP streaming, all with adjustable levels, plus a multi-listener Internet IP stream and front-panel headphone jack.
The SOFIA 568 Internet-listening stream supports up to 10 listeners at once.
Enhanced alarm logging includes the duration of each alarm, and there is virtually no limit to the number of alarms that can be logged.
Download a complete log randomly, or automatically daily, weekly or monthly.
87.5MHz to 107.9MHz in 100kHz steps.
10dBµV required for 50dB mono-FM S/N.
- FM: ±1dB, 30Hz – 15kHz; de-emphasis is programmable at 75µs or 50µs or OFF.
- HD Radio™: ±0.25dB, 20Hz – 20kHz.
- FM: Stereo / Stereo Auto-Blend / Forced-Mono.
- HD Radio™: HD1 through HD8; ‘Split Mode’ delivers L+R FM to the left audio channel and L+R HD1 to the right.
RDS Fields Displayed
PS, PI (and call), RT, RT+1, RT+2, PTY, PTYN, C/T, M/S, DI, TP, TA; RDS Block Error Rate, Groups Transmitted (with use statistics), AF, ODA.
HD PAD Data Displayed
- SIS: Short Name, Universal Name, Station ID, Slogan, Message, Station Location.
- Misc: Service Mode, Codec Mode, TX Gain, TX Blend Control.
- PSD (HD1-HD8, each): Slogan, PTY, Artist, Title, Album; Logo and/or Artist Experience graphics.
Graphs and Metering
L, R, L+R and L–R Program Audio; Audio Histogram; RSSI, RF SNR, HD Level and Cd/No levels and histograms.
Program Audio Outputs:
- Balanced Analog (XLR) Left and Right outputs are adjustable from –15dBu to +15dBu in 0.1dB steps.
- AES Digital (XLR) output at 44.1kHz or 48kHz is adjustable from –30dBFS to 0dBFS in 0.1dB steps.
- Headphone Jack (3.5mm TRS) has adjustable listening level.
MP3 or OGG (selectable) streams have bitrates from 32kbps to 256kbps and sampling rates from 16kHz to 48kHz.
- Audio Loss: Alarm responds to the monitored service (FM or HD Radio). Alarm On/Off thresholds and Time On/Off intervals are programmable.
- Low Signal: Alarm and reset trigger levels are independently adjustable relative to the FM carrier level display and have programmable Time On/Off timings.
- RDS Alarm: Programmable Time On/Off for RDS Loss or PI Error.
- Pilot Loss: Programmable Time On/Off for loss of Stereo Pilot.
- HD Loss: Fixed metrics determine loss of HD Radio reception; programmable Time On/Off.
- Email Alerts: Email or SMS/text-messaging can alert selected personnel to specific alarms.
- Alarm ‘Tallies’: Individual open-collector NPN transistor outputs to ground are programmable for logic polarity and GPO assignment.
Auto-sets to Internet time; auto/manual DST setting, battery backup.
Dante®-based, AES67-compatible (selectable) AoIP utility has independent IP, Audio Format and Transmit Flow settings.
LAN connection to local network or Internet provides remote monitoring (listening and SOFIA 568 control); user-programmable network setup and streaming parameters.
12VDC at 450mA; a universal 90-240VAC inline switching power supply is included with the SOFIA 568 SiteStreamer.
An optional rack adapter mounts one or two half-rack modules in a 1U, 19-inch rack space.
Size and Weight
1.6”H x 8”W x 6”D; 5 lbs. shipping weight.