FM Stereo Processor
The NOVIA 272 FM Stereo Processor is a half-rack, digital audio processor with Stereo-Gen and RDS for FM radio broadcast.
With particular stress on ease of installation and use, the NOVIA 272 incorporates intuitive, multi-language menu-driven setup, as well as an IP/browser interface compatible with any PC or mobile device. Multiple factory and user-defined processing presets streamline the setup process. IP connectivity also provides local and email failure alarms, plus support for SNMP operation.
The NOVIA 272 accepts both program line and streaming inputs and allows remote IP audio monitoring.
3 bands of dynamic compression with selectable crossovers
Built-in RDS/RBDS; compatible with all automation
Built-in Stereo Generator
Analog, AES-digital, streaming in; MPX/streaming out
Accepts streaming input for STL´s from IP Encoders on SHOUTcast & ICEcast
Full function 'responsive' Web interface works on desktop and mobile devices
Gated and ‘windowed’ gain-riding AGC.
4 sections of parametric EQ plus an effective ‘Bass Punch’ feature
GPIOs, Web/email/SNMP for controls and alarms
Complies with North American and European standards
20Hz-15kHz, ±0.25dB (with an appropriate de-emphasis network)
0.02% THD in PROOF mode
- Analog In: >82dB
- AES Digital In: >90dB (with an appropriate de-emphasis network)
75μs or 50μs menu-selectable
Program Line Inputs
- Analog: active-balanced (XLR) accepts line levels between –15dBu and +15dBu; +24dBu clipping
- AES Digital: (XLR) accepts line levels between 0dBFS and –30dBFS at sampling rates between 32kHz and 96kHz
- IP Streaming: accepts Icecast/SHOUTcast MP3, Ogg and AAC streams
75Ω (BNC); adjustable between 1V p-p and 6V p-p 6% - 12% stereo pilot injection; 3% - 8% RDS/RBDS subcarrier injection
Program Signal Latency (Delay)
TCP/IP network connection (RJ45) for remote setup / operation and in/out audio streaming; full support for SNMP control
3 GPI, 3 GPO with assignable functions and logic polarity
Front-panel (TRS) 3.5mm
Internal Test Tone Generator
20Hz-20kHz; variable frequency and amplitude
Local (GPIO) closures, browser interface, SNMP and SMS/email alarms for analog, digital and stream audio loss; maintains daily, weekly, monthly logs.
- Dayparting is simplified with an onboard real-time clock and preset-selection programming.
- AGC: ±15dB capture range; gated with dual-rate ‘windowed’ operation
- Leveling: variable ‘syllabic’ 2:1 compression
- EQ: 4-sections of parametric equalization
- Bass ‘Punch’: variable bass enhancement
- Compression: 3-bands with selectable crossovers, variable master and individual band drive controls, plus r.m.s./peak ‘density’ adjustment
- Final Peak Control: no-clip feed-forward wideband limiting and independent FM pre-emphasis protection limiting
- Composite Clipping: 0dB - 3dB adjustable MPX clipping depth (exclusive of stereo pilot and RDS/ RBDS subcarrier)
Static & dynamic support for artist and song title display in PS and RT fields
12VDC at 400mA (2.1mm x 5.5mm coaxial); inline switchmode power supply included
An optional rack adapter mounts one or two NOVIA or other Inovonics half-rack units in a standard 19-inch, 1U rack space
Size and Weight
1.6”H x 8”W x 6”D; 5 lbs shipping weight