NOAA Weather Receiver
The INOmini 676 is Inovonics’ second-generation, small form-factor off-air radio receiver for reception of NOAA weather information and alerts.
It tunes all US and Canadian weather band frequencies and responds to the 1050Hz Warning Alarm Tone (WAT).
The receiver gives front-panel and remote alarm indications for WAT, Low Signal and Audio Loss conditions and delivers both analog and AES digital audio outputs with adjustable levels.
A sensitive, DSP-based (SDR) receiver for the 162.400 to 162.550 North American weather band.
Flashing-red front-panel alarms and rear-panel ‘tallies’ for WAT (1050Hz tone), Low Signal and Audio Loss.
Balanced analog and AES-digital program line outputs are available simultaneously and may be used for re-transmission. Levels are independently adjustable.
All receiver setup parameters are held in non-volatile memory.
When issued, free firmware updates are easily installed in the field.
162.400MHz – 162.550MHz in 25kHz steps; AFC follows transmitter frequency errors.
75-ohm F connector
10dBμV for 40dB S/N; selecting the Mute option will silence the audio outputs with a Low Signal condition.
Narrowband FM (NBFM)
–3dB, 300Hz – 3kHz with automatic dynamic bandwidth filter for poor reception conditions. Response is further tailored to optimize speech intelligibility.
Speech Audio Outputs
- Balanced Analog (XLR) Left and Right (dual mono) outputs are adjustable from –15dBu to +15dBu in 0.2dB steps.
- AES Digital (XLR) output at 44.1kHz is adjustable from –30dBFS to 0dBFS in 0.2dB steps.
- Headphone Jack (3.5mm TRS) has adjustable listening level.
Front-Panel Red-Flashing Alarms
- Alert Tone: The 676 responds automatically to the 1050Hz WAT tone.
- Low Signal: Alarm and reset trigger levels are independently adjustable relative to the RF signal level display.
- Audio Loss: Alarm threshold is adjustable between 0dB and –40dB, and the alarm delay interval is adjustable between OFF and 120 seconds.
- Alarm “Tallies”: Individual open-collector NPN transistor outputs to ground are programmable for logic polarity.
The front-panel mini-USB port allows the quick uploading of firmware updates when issued.
12VDC at 350mA; a universal 90 - 240 VAC inline switching power supply is included with the INOmini 676 receiver.
An optional rack adapter accepts up to three INOmini modules in a 1U, 19-inch rack space. The 676 also may easily be fastened to any convenient surface with two small screws.
Size and Weight
1.6”H x 5.5”W x 5.5”D; 4 lbs. shipping weight